Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Plan for the Future

This could change at any time but currently, I have 2 possible choices on what I would like to be as an adult.
  1. Doctor. This strikes me as a respectable and satisfying job. It is respectable because it takes a lot of studies and experience. Because of this, you are trusted. When someone has got a problem, they will look to you for answers which you will have 99% of the time. It is also satisfying because you know that you are improving the health and quality of life for whoever your patient is. For more info on doctor/health jobs, click this message.
  2. Financial manager. Anything with money involved sounds good to me. This job would not be as satisfying. It will be much more boring than being a doctor. It will mainly be analyzing data, being able to lead projects, and organizing data. However, this job has its advantages. Firstly, the minimum requirement is a bachelor's degree which is quite simple. Skills strongly needed would be mathematics, statistics, economics, and computer programming/skill. I don't mean to brag or anything but I'm exceptionally skilled in all those areas. Also, its a high paying job [usually $105,000 to $350,000 depending on employer and type of managing]. Also, with your economical experience, it would be likely that you would prospect stocks on the market and possibly pull off a few good investments leading to even bigger profits. For more info on financial managers, click this message.
Science would be vitally important for being a doctor because that is what it is all about. If you want to be a doctor, science is the subject. As for financial manager, computer science is about the only science you are going to use. Science wouldn't really be important for the job.

These jobs don't really have a connection to those activities I listed earlier.

11 comments:

BVoight said...

Science content might not be specifically important for financial managers but the skills you learn might be. I read that on someone else's blog and, of course, can't remember who anymore. by the way, you are never managing my money! My brother is senior financial analyst, if you would like to talk to him, let me know!

bonqueesha said...

You seem to have a good idea of your future. And of course you would be thinking of money...

Luke VanGeest said...

Yes managing money would be a very boring job, but my mom works in health insurance and they have job called actuaries that just "crunch" numbers, but just out of college an actuary make $100,000 as a start then work from their as you said.

Marta said...

I could see you more as a doctor than as a financial manager, but either way it would be a good fit. I guess it boils down to what you want; to make alot of money quickly or to spend years studying non-stop(i know, my sister's becoming a doctor in May) then go through residency and then make money, but help people and be satisfied.

Luke VanGeest said...

dude Subbu to answer your comment. Yes even owning your own buisness is risky, but if you make it, it can be a great financial investment, also dude you know how many tax write offs you have? its tremendous. Financials as a major in college is a great way to get a start, on anything I think that for a college career if I could double major it would be business marketing, and then accounting so I could get sales and manage my income from my expenses, and really know how to just run my business.

Dominique is Amazing said...

It's good that you know what you want to be. But I wouldn't trust you as my doctor or my financial manager. You're just too weird. Especially in french. Un beer si vous plait!

name said...

subbu, i think you are super smart and could do anything you wanted in life. its good that you have options, but i think you should try a proffesion that really challenges you.(which maybe would be a doctor or financial advisor) otherwise i think you might get bored.

have you ever thought of being a research scientist on the human brain? there are so many unknown things about it and i think you would be great at analyzing a tough subject such as that.

Ashley said...

subbu i can see you as a financial manager. you're like a walking calculator. "Mr. Emmers theres a mistake in the book." you just know things. its crazy. but anyways i could really see you doing that, but i could also see you being a doctor as well.

Luke VanGeest said...

Subbu I think I know that you would be a great political analyst like those ones on tv, because you really say whatever you want, and sometimes don't care about the reaction. Haahaa just thought you could give that some thought.

MkM said...

i definately agree with other peoples comments. you'd be a great financial advisor.
i think its funny though, how the first thing you mentioned was about respect and satisfaction and the second was about working with and making money, and how the minimum was a bachelors degree. :)

Princess said...

Umm yaa. Since you are pretty much a super genius compared to me, I bet you could excel at any job that you wanted to. Or at least last year you could've, this year you have been a little well to put it simply, less-motivated, and I completely understand that because we're just kids. Who cares if we lose focus for a little bit, who cares if we don't understand our future, we're kids. It is perfectly alright..