Here are my favorite activities:
- Baseball
- Tennis/badminton
- Video gaming (real gaming, not the lame, from time-to-time one) We aren't talking mmorpgs or rpgs because they are too boring and slow. I'd prefer multi-player shoot-em-ups(Halo) or DDR, (I'd own you, don't even try). However, i haven't played any games for almost a month, I wanted to make sure I didn't have an addiction.
Some things that all of these activities have in common that I like about them are:
- They all have a winner/or a group of winners
- Good for your health (video gaming increases IQ, google it)
- Allows you to have a lot of fun with friends. I usually don't game alone because there would be no motivation.
- Develops character (not always a good one)
- Makes you happier, if you lost the game of base-ball, you still had fun with your team so its not too bad.
- Takes away your stress though i usually don't have much of it


10 comments:
nice pictures, a good post would be to explain how video games raise you IQ, rather than to just tell us to google it.
dude pictures are the bomb. I like how you found similarities between all of them, and combined them together.
I didn't know you played badmitton...anyway, good post, I liked how you tied it together at the end!
i don't feel like making a post on iq and video games so i'll respond here.
"Several studies have shown that playing video games actually improves children's performance on IQ-type tests. One found that after playing a video game that required them to manipulate an object as if it were moving through 3-dimensional space, children performed better on a mental paper-folding task similar to ones found on the Wechsler and Stanford-Binet tests"
thats a quote from this site
http://www.chron.com/content/chronicle/page1/98/03/16/iq.html
Video games also help your iq because it gets your mind thinking. Some of the games today are extremely complicated with huge backstories and histories. Your brain adapts to processing and organzinging that information and that can be sublimated into helping you understand a textbook.
Video games are awesome and tennis is alright but baseball sucks (I can't hit the ball) but still it's a lame sport because it's more about individuals who all have there own jobs rather than a single cohesive team that move around and make plays with each other too score. (someone could argue otherwise but I don't consider someone throwing a ball to someone else a team play because basically only two people were involved in the pass so don't even try to convince me otherwise)
I just want to point out that mmo's and 60-70 hour rpg's can probably teach you a lot more than mindless shooting and looking at flying arrows.
But still, great post:-D
Good post Subbu! Actually Smeber, baseball is just as much of a team game than any other, including soccer. You are obviously biased becuase you are not successful in baseball. If you think about it, when you screw up in basketball, football, hockey, soccer, there is usually somebody there to immediately help you out, or it might not directly affect your team's performance. However, in baseball, when you screw up, your whole team suffers. It is probably the ultimate game of interdependence. You are a team working together but also for each other. You can't hit, catch, and throw the ball to yourself.
Video gaming increases IQ IF it is an EDUCATIONAL one. You nerd. Try out Unreal Tournament 3- it is elite. Better than halo or DDR or whatever. go to www.ut3.com
i don't like unreal tournament man, its lame. And it doesn't have to be educational but ya, Halo increases iq. The backstories are ginormous. Ever read a halo novel, I haven't but lemme tell you, if i did, id be processing a lot of information
Thats a nice post and i luv the pictures. Anyways i think that as long the video games arent just simple wierd ones and are more complicated they increase your thinking and reflexes.
Post a Comment