Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Chemical Changes

C6H12O6 (glucose) 2 C2H5OH (ethyl alcohol) + 2 CO2

You know what that is? No, you don't. This is when glucose (simple sugar) ferments to ethyl alcohol and carbon dioxide. The sugar in grapes or from grain ferments with yeast to make the alcohol and carbon dioxide. The carbon dioxide is the gas that bubbles out of beer or champaign. Why do i like this reaction? CAUSE IT MAKES BEER.

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Why do i like beer? I DON'T KNOW! Have i tried beer? Haven't even touched a bottle yet. So why do i like it again? I like it cause beer makes people happy and makes them them momentarily forget about their problems.

If this reaction did not happen anymore, that would screw over millions, maybe billions of people. There would be riots, and violence because of their dependence. The suicide hot line would have a huge waiting list. (That was dark, was it not)?

How would it affect me? It wouldn't unless i got anger taken out on me by a alcoholic who wants his beer.


10 comments:

Ashley said...

wow, you would subbu. and as i see where you are going about screwing people over, couldn't it screw peoples lives over in the first place?

subbu said...

thats why you have a choice

Luke VanGeest said...

Subbu your reaction is pretty amazing. I like mine better though, although im wondering how you could no what beer tastes like??? Hahaa jk,(not really). When you meant get rid of unwanted things, did you mean like little sisters barbie dolls, or GI Joes?

name said...

Subbu, i think you need to point out the negatives of beer too. And it's also a little scary that you know so much about beer such as what it tastes like and the kind of buzz it gives you. That's not natural and also highly illegal.


On the other hand I agree that some people would freak out if beer was no longer available. For example: what happended during the prohibition.

Megan Schro said...

wow since you were mena to me i get to be equally mean or more.
(i dont just get even i get even + some)

uhh could you have a post that makes less sense?
okay for one many peoples lives are screwed up BECAUSE of alchohol.
i know my uncle was a drunk.
and for two if people can momentarily forget there problems then theyll never really get around to fixing and solving those problems.
and for three it would be bad if achohol wasnt created because then many people would die of infections and stuff from no sterilization.
and i hope you get attacked by a mob :)

David said...

That was probably the strangest post I have seen yet on anyone's blog. unique pick for your chemical reaction, thou I am not surprised. I agree with megan when I say that although it can momentarily help you forget your problems(and everything for that matter), you are never going to solve your problems if you just try to avoid them by drinking and forgetting about them. Also, in some cases, it can seperate families and break them apart, like it has in some of my friends families. Also, I don't think it would be entirely bad if you were to be attacked by some angry mob(although the class would be less exciting without you):]

subbu said...

i don't see the need to point out the negative effects of alcohol, everyone alreadys knows that. there are some good things to alcohol. If you drink a little with food, it is healthy. Alcohol can treat wounds and cuts and heal tooth aches (hahah).


alcohol is used in many different substances like mouthwash and italian food. So its not all bad. You gotta agree that alcohol has a massive effect on people even if it isn't completely good. That makes it super imporant.

And to luke, use your imagination

Katie said...

Wow Subu, Your just trying to see if you can get Mr.Voight mad at you aren't you. I really didn't like this post(not to be mean) but I think that alcohal has more negative effects than positive ones. However, I know it wouldn't be good if this got taken away, it would be like the 1920's again but probably way worse. That's all.

Luke VanGeest said...

dude subbu I agree with what your saying, so Im not going to say anything negative because everyone already knows them. But in many cultures such as Germany, Greek, especially American food, beer is a supreme choice. Being that the flavor of the hops adds to the meal. I like to cook, and I'll throw in some beer into my chili, just because of the flavor aspect.

Dominique is Amazing said...

Subbu needs to wear a nice white jacket that allows you to hug your self and be caught by the nice doctors with big nets and put into a nice room with soft walls!