Here be the link to my site that I have to I'll be using. New Technique Quickly Detects Cancer
This article really has nothing to directly with change and models but the discovery did create change. A technique that quickly detects cancer could save many lives, maybe thousands over the long run.
My original answer to "what causes change" was , in one word, necessity. However, there was never a need to find a way to find cancer a little quicker. The scientists that researched this aren't desperately poor and they don't need to find some kind of discovery. They did it because they wanted to.
I could go on to conclude that change can also be caused by want. If someone or something wants to do something, it will. If someone wants to drive around in a 38 mpg hummer instead of a Toyata pre-s, they can increase the CO2 levels of Earth. This may cause global warming. If some idiot wants to go out drinking with her boyfriend she met 10 minutes ago in a nightclub, she may become pregnant. If someone wants to ride a dirt bike down a 400 foot ramp and try to do a double back-flip, they may lose consciousness and wake up breathing through a tube. You never know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Those were some pretty far out examples but i see where you're going with them. I suppose want could cause change because another example would be if someone doesn't like their hair color they can change it. But i suppose it's not really the want to change your hair color that changes it, it's the chemical you add to it. So I suppose want is the insticator of a cause of change for living things but for things that aren't living there's a different source of changing because nonliving things can't want.
Subbu I agree with Yunus about your extreme examples. I still have no clue if ended up trying to answer the question. But if you take want and an answer to what causes change. I don't think so. I believe its caused by a person or things surroundings. If a persons or things surroundings change it changes, as with the surrounding change its surroundings change and so and so forth.
I like how you admitted that it didn't really have anything to do with models/change but tried to relate it anyway. Nice job Subbumafoo!
The whole drinking/ pregnant thing was a little much. You kind of evaded the question...Anyway, I don't really agree with your "want" theory. Someone may want to drive a Hummer, but the change is caused by a chemical reaction. Someone may want to ride off of a 400 foot ramp, but the change would be caused by the various forces that lead to the fall. Want may drive people to an action that results in change, but pure want does not change anything. Otherwise we could sit around and want things (world peace, a new computer) and something would happen. Unfortunatley, nothing does.
want can indirectly cause change though, that is what i was getting at
It makes more sense when you put it that way....
Post a Comment