Nothing specifically has happened to me that's really interesting. I usually don't get involved in life changing trips.
The most interesting thing would probably be having teacher O as a teacher. Its cause he changed my perspective of school. In the past, usually i just burned through the day and blew off all the homework until it was almost too late. ( ya, i know its hard to believe but I'm unbelievably lazy when it comes to homework, or work in general). Teacher O is such a cool ole teacher and he makes learning fun. The class is loud and fun and we always learn tons. The best part is you don't have to worry about grades as long as you do your stuff. It makes school much easier to get through when you get something fun to do in the middle of the day. We do a ton of writing in that class. You don't have a choice because if you don't, you'll get your butt kicked by classmates, so it helped me with my laziness. I'm actually doing some of my homework at home now and its probably because of the 150 or so front and back pages of writing i did in teacher O's class.
Another thing teacher O did for me is make me much more aware of current events. we play it every week in his class for bonus points. Bonus points are good motivation because I am pretty competitive. So i started reading magazines. (not the fun ones either, REAL ONES. i know! my parents didn't think it would ever happen! I am now reading through National Geographic and Newsweek and The Economist and Time. They don't help that much but I kept doing it anyways. Now I'm in a habit and its a good habit and its basically thanks to having teacher O as a teacher.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I also procratinate(spelling?) on doing homework. Congradulations on getting out of that habit though.
I really have to admire pointing our "teacher O" (we all know who it is) for this. He really is a prime example of a memorable change in one's life....
i totally agree subbu, mr. o is an amazing teacher! not because he is so fun or nice or anything though (which he is anyways). its because he found a great system for kids to do work, pay attention, get good grades, and learn! he is truley an inspiration. i wish more teachers were like him.
(not say that mr. voight isnt a good teacher or anything though. i learn A TON in his class too)
I have never had Mr. O but i wish i did. Everyone loves him. I think it is nice that you feel that way because learning but having fun at the same time is important. Its also a good thing that you got out of that procrastination habit.
I agree with all of you. With the way he acts you'd expect him to be walking right next to you during passing time going to your next class. It's amazing that even though he's retiring this year that he is still one of the most up to date teachers at our school. I feel bad for all those students who are to be at our schools in the years to come and not have the priveledge that we al sometimes abuse to be taught by him. I hope to see him in the future and thank him for such a wonderful job he did with all of his students.`
I agree that mr. O is a sweet teacher. I like people who are sarcastic(don't know why?). I really have fun in his class all of the time, because we can talk about the economy for 45min. and get back on topic on what were suppose to do for the rest of class. The bonus points make it exciting.
I love the economist!! It's good that you actually enjoy learning for once. Mr. O is an excellent teacher.
Post a Comment